Thursday, July 29, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday # 2

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted over at breakingthespine.

This week, I'm waiting on Mockingjay, the (sure to be amazing) third book of the Hunger Games triology by Suzanne Collins. Ever since I finished Catching Fire, I have been waiting to read the third book. And it's release is coming so soon.

Here's the synopsis from Barnes and Noble:

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she’s made it out of the bloody arena alive, she’s still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what’s worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss’s family, not her friends, not the people of District 12.

It sounds absolutely amazing. I cannot wait. There's also a book that I've seen floating around a couple blogs I watch called Forsaken by Jana Oliver. Like my pick from last week, I'm hoping to see a good angel/demon type of novel. I'm not a huge fan of love triangles, but we'll see how it's played out.



Riley has always wanted to be a Demon Trapper like her father, and she's already following in his footsteps as one of the best. But it's tough being the only girl in an all-guy world, especially when three of those guys start making her life more complicated: Simon, the angelic apprentice who has heaven on his side; Beck, the tough trapper who thinks he's God's gift, and Ori, the strikingly sexy stranger who keeps turning up to save her ass. One thing's for sure - if she doesn't keep her wits about her there'll be hell to pay...

Plus, I think the cover to Forsaken is pretty gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment