Friday, October 9, 2009

Succubus On Top by: Richelle Mead




Synopsis:

Georgina Kincaid's job sucks. Literally.

Love hurts, and no one knows it better than Georgina Kincaid. If she so much as kisses Seth Mortensen, the shy, sexy, incredibly gifted Seattle writer she's been dating, she'll drain his life force. Georgina is a succubus-a demon who draws her power from other men's pleasure. Admittedly, the shapeshifting and immortality perks are terrific, and yes, Georgina did choose to join the ranks of hell centuries ago. But it seems completely unfair that a she-demon whose purpose is seduction can't get hot and heavy with the one mortal who knows and accepts her for who she is.

It's not just her personal life that's in chaos. Doug, Georgina's co-worker at a local bookstore, has been exhibiting bizarre behavior, and Georgina suspects that something far more demonic than double espressos is at work. She could use help finding out, but Bastien, an irresistibly charming incubus and her best immortal friend, is preoccupied with corrupting an ultra-conservative talk radio star-and giving Georgina some highly distracting come-hither vibes. Georgina is going to have to work solo on this one-and fast because soon, Doug's life won't be the only one on the line.

The sequel to Succubus Blues, titled Succubus On Top was an entertaining, easy to finish book. I loved the new character introduced, Bastien. Loved him. I'd love to see more of him and hope she brings him back. I also love Carter. He's my favorite (: Aside from Georgiana. I think she's a strong heroine, who battles with what she is and what she wishes should could be. Which is a battle I think everyone goes through.

Succubus On Top had not only the relationship struggles and aspects of Georgiana's life, but Mead also balanced that with her job as both a succubus and her job in the bookstore, and she also gave her some immortal foe she needs to challenge and find. So we have all these different things going on, which makes it easy not to get bored because we're getting only one aspect of the book.

I love this series, it's definitely one of my new favorites, and I'm already starting the third book, Succubus Dreams. I highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys paranormal romance stories with a hint of humor. I love Richelle Mead's humor. It's great.

And can I just say I love how Georgie's downfall are her white chocolate mochas? As a lover of the drink, I so know what she means when she says she can't live without them XD


My rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment