Saturday, May 15, 2010

(500) Days Of Summer

Director: Marc Webb
Starring: Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel
Synopsis:
Mark (Gordon-Levitt) is an aspiring architect who currently earns his living as a greeting card writer. Upon encountering his boss' beautiful new secretary, Summer (Deschanel), Mark discovers that the pair have plenty in common despite the fact that she's seemingly out of his league; for starters, they both love the Smiths, and they're both fans of surrealist artist Magritte. Before long Mark is smitten. All he can think about is Summer. Mark believes deeply in the concept of soul mates, and he's finally found his. Unfortunately for Mark, Summer sees true love as the stuff of fairy tales, and isn't looking for romance. Undaunted and undeterred by his breezy lover's casual stance on relationships, Mark summons all of his might and courage to pursue Summer and convince her that their love is real.
[from barnesandnoble.com]

"This isn't a love story. This is a story about love."

I've wanted to see this film for a long time. Basically ever since it came out. I finally got around to renting it from Netflix and watching it last weekend.

Overall, it was a good movie. I liked the strong differences between Mark and Summer, and I liked how they changed throughout the film. At the end of the film, they weren't the same characters as they were in the beginning. Some of their scenes together were really cute and well done, like when they were in the bar, and when they were in the furniture store. I loved those scenes. I think they picked good actors for the lead roles, Joseph and Zooey did a great job in their parts.

I also loved the music in the film. It's definitely a great soundtrack!

I think that the sister should've been in more of the film, but that's just because I thought she was hilarious.

I thought the movie was well-shot, it flowed pretty well, and kept me interested until the end. There were some great lines and moments. I liked how the days were all out of order and you got day 500, then day 5, then day 45. It was cool.

This is definitely a movie I'd recommend to people who are more into character-driven movies and not plot driven movies.

I don't really have anything negative to say about the film. It wasn't absolutely amazing, but it wasn't horrible. It had a good message, good acting, some great moments, and was a great way to pass the time. I would definitely watch it again.

My rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment