Monday, August 3, 2009

Mansfield Park by: Jane Austen


Mansfield Park is about a girl named Fanny Price, who goes to live with her Uncle and his family when she’s around ten years old. The only person truly nice to her from the start is her cousin Edmund. As time passes, she falls in love with him. The novel begins when two Londoner siblings, Henry and Mary Crawford. Their appearance at Mansfield Park completely changes things for the family, causing drama to ensue and feelings to grow, diminish, change, all of that.
The story is just about this family and how they interact with these two people, how they behave and live as time passes.

Jane Austen is by far one of my favorite authors. So, when I picked up Mansfield Park, I already held it on a high pedistal in my mind, sure it would be fabulous. And don’t get me wrong, I liked it. It was an overall good book. But, I felt that the plot wasn’t as strong as it could’ve been, I didn’t really feel for any of the characters like I did for Elizabeth Bennet or Anne Elliot. I did, however, love the little bits of sarcasm that were true Jane Austen and how everything tied up in the end. Overall, I’d give it a 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment