Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Dawn Of The Dead: Movie Review




Dawn Of The Dead (2004)

Directed by: Zack Snyder. Starring: Sarah Polley, Jake Weber, Mekhi Phifer, Kevin Zeigers, and Ving Rhames.

Oh, how I love zombies. I went into this without seeing the original, which I really didn’t want to do. I wanted to be able to compare it to the original, but I guess I’ll have to do everything backwards!

Anyways, I loved this movie. I thought it was amazing. It was comical at the right points, had awesome action scenes, and the characters were so well developed I really started to care about them towards the end. My favorite in the whole movie was Michael. I love the actor, he plays Joe on the show Medium. He’s just awesome, and he was awesome in this movie. I also liked Terry (he was cute), Kenneth (I loved the bond he formed with Andy, it was very realistic), and Anna, in most parts. She was a strong lead female.

I think this showed a very humanistic side to the whole zombie plot. There wasn’t a lot of gore, because the zombies weren’t in much of the movie. It was about how they connected trying to survive this ordeal.

I can’t say how this is as far as remakes go until I see the original, however, I already think it’s probably one of the best I’ve seen.

And the music! How the interspersed it with what was going on was awesome, and each time it was the right kind of song to use. Johnny Cash in the beginning? A definite plus!

I loved the movie and will definitely be buying it on DVD! Every horror buff should watch this. It was great.

Oh, and I will be amazingly girly and say the ending made me tear up a bit. Just a bit.

My rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment