Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Uninvited: A Movie Review




The Uninvited
Director: Charles Guard, Thomas Guard
Starring: Emily Browning, Elizabeth Banks, Arielle Kebbel, and David Strathairn


I have mixed feelings about this movie. I haven’t seen the Korean film it’s based on, which is A Tale Of Two Sisters, though I desperately want to, but I’ve heard this movie isn’t exactly a remake it’s more of an…inspiration from the film.

I loved the backdrop of the movie. The little town was a good setting, and I loved the house Emily Browning’s character lived in. It was amazing. So the settings were definitely up to par with this film.

The horror level of the movie wasn’t as high as I’d hoped it to be. Some of the scenes, such as the ones with the mother’s body dragging across the floor, were really cool, though. You can see the Asian influence in the way the horror is presented, it isn’t really in your face gore. This was definitely a movie that made you think and you actually had to pay attention to understand it. I definitely didn’t see the twist coming at the end, it threw me for a complete loop. I liked it, but it wasn’t the best ending I’ve seen.

This definitely wasn’t the best horror movie I’ve seen, but it wasn’t the worst, either. It was just…all right. There was nothing really bad about it, but there was nothing spectacular.

So, while this is a movie I’d suggest, I can’t see myself buying it in the near future.

My rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment