Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Teeth: A Movie Review



Teeth (2007)
Directed by: Mitchell Lictenstein. Starring: Jess Weixler, John Hensley, and Hale Applemen.


I’ve been wanting to see Teeth for some time now. When I first saw the trailer, I was like, “I have got to see that.” I finally got to tonight.

The beginning was slow, and the acting was shaky at best. However, as soon as the midway point hit, I started to love it.

It’s a comical movie, and I think some viewers might not grasp that concept. It’s not a horror movie and it’s not supposed to be a horror movie. It’s satirical, and literally made me laugh out loud. I loved how as the movie progressed, Dawn (the main character) started to change her persona a little. She wasn’t the shy, innocent girl she was at the beginning. It was a subtle change, though, which was a better deleopment than if she had just gone completely badass in a short period of time.

I haven’t decided if I’m going to buy this movie or not. I’m still kind of torn. I can see myself watching it over again just to get to the middle, but the beginning is enough to make me think twice.

My rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment