Sunday, December 27, 2009

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist: A Movie Review


Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist
Director: Peter Sollett
Starring: Michael Cera and Kat Dennings


I liked this movie. It was cute. Something to watch that both entertains you and makes you think. I loved Michael and Kat’s performances, I thought they both did really good. I loved the setting of the film, also. New York was practically a character, also.

The plot was simple. It wasn’t so much about the end point as it was about the journey, which I liked. I’ve seen a lot of reviewers say the movie was “aimless” and basically just wandered about from plot point to plot point, but I think that was the point of the movie. As things happen, the characters have to change their destination, that’s just how the movie is. It isn’t about the future, it’s about the present, that one night.

The best thing about the movie was the music. I loved every song they used, I think they picked them well according to the scenes. Definitely a soundtrack I’ll be buying.

All in all, it was a fun movie to watch. Not the best I’ve seen, but I’m glad I got to see it.


My rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment